Just for Volunteers
Volunteer Training Dates:
- April 7, 2014 - Part I from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- April 8, 2014 - Part II from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- June 9, 2014 - Part I from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- June 10, 2014 - Part II from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Aug. 19, 2014 - Part I from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Aug. 20, 2014 - Part II from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Oct. 28, 2014 - Part I from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Oct. 29, 2014 - Part II from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Our mission is to enhance the lives of people with special needs through horse-related activities!
Hello and thank you for your interest in the Therapeutic Equestrian Center!
We have a wide variety of volunteer options and opportunities from which to choose. You may be interested in helping riders with special needs in our therapeutic riding program. Perhaps you prefer facility maintenance and ground work. Another choice could be working with horse care and exercising. Office and administration help is also needed. Some volunteers choose all of the above! Whatever your interest, we welcome your involvement and invite you to find your niche in our volunteer family.
We offer a great deal to our southwestern Michigan and northern Indiana community. Our first rate instructors are accredited with PATH (the global authority, resource and advocate for equine assister activities and therapies) and our enthusiastic staff is well trained.
Research has shown that equine assisted therapeutic activities have a positive impact on people of all ages with a variety of conditions. Interaction with horses can improve physical, cognitive and mental health for those with special needs. Improved balance, strength and a higher self-confidence, and a sense of accomplishment and emotional well-being are some of the documented results. The benefits for volunteers may not be as well documented, but are very real, the experience personally rewarding and meaningful.
TEC is located at Stockbridge Equestrian Center, located at 615 N. M-140, Watervliet, Michigan 49098. Our mailing address is: Therapeutic Equestrian Center, P.O. Box 1250, Niles, Michigan 49120.
We look forward to welcoming new volunteers at TEC. Be sure to call us at (269) 429-0671 as soon as possible for information and to be included in the next orientation. All applications and the handbook are conveniently available for downloading and printing directly from our Web site. You can also find us on Facebook and Twitter.
Come and make some new friends at TEC! We look forward to working together with you!
Sincerely,Therapeutic Equestrian Center Staff
- Lessons: Sidewalkers, Horse Leaders and Ring Assistants
- Horse Exerciser
- Stable and Grounds Work
- Support our Fundraising and Special Events
- Donate your Time, Money and Talents
- Share our Dream by Developing Community Awareness for TEC